Best Pumpkin Bread Ever!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I know, without a doubt, that I can call this pumpkin bread the best ever!

Not only is this delicious, but the memories that I associate with this bread are some of my favorite memories. See when I was a little girl my parents didn't have a lot of money- being right out of school with 4 kids will do that to you. At the church we attended, there was a very successful real estate broker. This broker liked to give out thousands of loaves of pumpkin bread to the community at Christmas time. To make this huge amount of bread, he would hire 3-4 ladies to bake the loaves of bread, and he would pay them $1 a loaf. My mom was one of those lucky baking ladies. She would bake 500 loaves of pumpkin bread every Christmas. The money she earned from baking the bread went towards our Christmas. I have such fond memories of those baking bread days.  The house smelled wonderful. Our mother would be in the kitchen all day long ( and sometimes into the night) just to make her quota. Now that I am a mother I can only image how difficult it would be to bake that much with with 4 kids. I appreciate her loving example and her willingness to work hard and sacrifice for us. I try to emulate her in my parenting and my pumpkin bread. This pumpkin bread is seriously, seriously delicious. It has a secret ingredient that puts it over the top and that makes it so moist!

pumpkin_edited-1
 

Best Pumpkin Bread

2 eggs
2/3 cup oil
1 (15 oz)can pumpkin
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) box instant coconut cream pudding (this is the secret ingredient. it must be instant and I have only been able to find it at wal-mart)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat oven to 325. Mix all wet ingredients together, mix all dry together. Combine wet into dry. Stir until combined. Pour in a large bread pan. Bake for 55 minutes.

*This bread can have the appearance of looking done at about 45 minutes. If yours does this just put aluminum foil over the top at 45 minutes to not have the top of the bread burn.

*This bread tastes best cooled

3 comments:

  1. This blog looks so adorable! I didn't even know you guys had this blog. Jill just posted on my facebook and told me about it. This bread sounds so good! I'm going to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything with pumpkin so this sounds great! The addition of coconut pudding is something I've never seen. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your recipe sounds so delicious! I would love to make this one day for my family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.