Life can be busy but organizing all the things that you need to get done can make it more manageable. Here is a list of ten tips to help manage your time and stay organized with your hectic life schedule:
1. Use a daily planner to help you remember when your families activities, work assignments, and different assignments are occurring. Leave some time for some unanticipated events, interruptions, or unseen problems.
2. Schedule tasks before fun. Reward yourself when you are done with a task.
3. Do things ahead of schedule if possible. Avoid procrastination.
4. Prepare for the next day the night before. Pack lunches for the kids or for work. Have you outfit for the day laid out. Figuring out the logistics of your next day the night before makes the next morning easier to get out the door and to your destination on time.
5. Get adequate amounts of sleep. 7-9 hours is recommended amount of time an adult should sleep. By getting the right amount of sleep it can help you refuel and recharge your batteries. You will be able to concentrate and focus better on the tasks you have to accomplish the next day.
6. Engage in some form of physical activity for 30 minutes a day. This will fortify your immune system and strengthen your body to resist any colds or flu that may be going around.
7. Write down distracting thoughts and save them for a scheduled "worry time" each week where you can give them your full attention.
8. Enjoy the process of what you are doing rather than focusing so much on the end result.
9. Plan to work on the most difficult and important tasks during the day when your energy level is the highest. Do easy tasks when energy is low.
10. Avoid overloading your schedule. Remember that most projects take longer than anticipated.
Practicing time management is important because it can help improve your health. You will feel less stressed and be able to stay focused and alert throughout the day.
Go ahead and try it!