Chicken Noodle Casserole (freezer meal)

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Our friends just had a baby, and I wanted to be bring them dinner. I already posted my go to meal when I bring someone dinner. This time I wanted to try and find another one to add to my collection. I found the perfect one. The very best thing about this recipe is that it makes so much! Not only was I able to to make a pan full to bring to our friends, but I was also able to make enough for our family to eat for dinner, a freezer meal for us, and I brought an extra pan full for them to put in their freezer. A great tip for this recipe is to go to the dollar store, and buy disposable pans so you can put those in the freezer.

*In addition to bringing them dinner I was also able to bring them diapers since I scored some super cheap diapers this week at target. Go check out that awesome deal here.

Chicken Noodle Casserole

source: Allrecipes.com 

4 large chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
16 oz. sour cream
2 bags egg noodles
large bag of frozen vegetables
1 sleeve round crackers
3 tablespoons butter

* this recipe will make 2 9x13 size pans, or what I did was use 1 9x13 and 3 small 5x8 disposable pans. 

Preheat oven 350°. Cube chicken into bite size pieces. Add chicken to heated saute pan and cook until longer pink. While the chicken is cooking, cook egg noodles according to package. In a large mixing bowl combine soups, sour cream and vegetables. When the chicken and egg noodles are done, add them to the large mixing bowl. Pour into desired baking dishes. Melt the butter and add the crushed crackers to the melted butter. Sprinkle over the top. Bake for 30 minutes.

*If you are going to freeze this then don't bake and don't top with crackers. Once it is the the baking dish just cover tightly and freeze. When baking from frozen bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350°. In the last 15 minutes add the crushed crackers.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    Freezers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this for an easy dinner during the week and it was absolutely tasteless. There’s no spices to give it any flavor. It was just textures mushed together. I definitely will not recommend anyone to make this dish. Very disappointing and a waste of food.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.