Bell Peppers Stuffed with Feta and Couscous

Friday, July 1, 2011

Angela here, filling in for Whitney this week. Why, you ask? Well Whitney is in the process of moving this week while her, her daughter, and her husband are super sick. Rough week at their house. Now where is she moving to, you ask? DENVER! Yep, she is moving to come play with me for the rest of the Summer. Ok… really she is moving here because her husband has an internship in Denver this summer.  But, I get to benefit from that internship and so will you guys. Because Whitney and I are going to be together this summer, we have some fun things planned for the blog. But, we will get to that at a later date. Oh, suspense!

Today is all about my favorite summer recipe. Now my sisters may be shocked that I actually cook something. Lauren actually goes around telling people that all I do is eat out. Which is not that case at all. In fact I do not remember the last time that we actually ate out. Well dinner at least, there is no harm in meeting my girlfriend's for lunch once a week, ok maybe twice ;) Even though I do cook, I have been known to profess my hatred for cooking quite often. Although, I do not think that I hate cooking. I think that I hate doing dishes. If I cook, then I have to clean. It’s almost a no win situation. Unless, I make something so delicious! Then all the dirty dishes in the world can’t stop me.

Today, I wanted to share one of my favorite summer recipes. I crave this meal at least once a week. In the summer months that is about how often we have it. I LOVE it!

DSC06298

Bell peppers stuffed with feta and couscous. Delicious!

DSC06300

Let’s get started!

DSC06252

What you will need:

  • 3-6 Bell peppers (This recipe will stuff 6 peppers. My family can only eat 3 for dinner. Then I eat the rest of the filling for lunch the next day.)
  • 1 Zucchini
  • 1 Yellow squash
  • 1/2 Yellow onion (I know I have a red onion in the picture. That is all that I had on hand the night that  I made this. And a red onion will work, but it is a lot better with a yellow.)
  • 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, cut in half (not pictured… whoops I forgot)
  • 1 cup Feta cheese (you can use regular feta, but sometimes I like to use feta with tomato and basil. That is yummy too.)
  • 1 box of Couscous with tomato and lentils
  • 2 tsp Olive oil (again not pictured, sorry, but I think you know what it looks like :)
  • 1 tsp Oregano
  • 1 tsp Salt

Let’s get started:

First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Next, start cooking your couscous according to the directions on the package.

Now start chopping your onion, zucchini and squash. Also cut your cherry tomatoes, but put those to the side for now.

DSC06255

Next cut the tops off of your bell peppers and deseed them.

DSC06269

Place 2 teaspoons of olive oil in the pan. When it has heated up add your onion, zuchinni, and squash.

DSC06257

Once your onion, zucchini and squash has started to soften- after about 5 minutes- throw in your cut tomatoes for 1 minute.

DSC06267

Next place your bell peppers in a pot of boiling water. Cook for about 3 minutes.

DSC06270

Set aside upside down to dry.

DSC06274

Once your veggies are done, combine with your couscous and feta.

DSC06277

Next, fill your peppers with the mixture and place in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

DSC06293

Then enjoy!

DSC06303

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

3 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I am going to make that. Yay for Phil and Whit getting to be in Denver this summer. That will be fun for them. I hope they feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks delicious! why can i never get my peppers to look so clean and large..i end up losing a few bits along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...this looks delicious! Thanks for lining to tickled pink...I am sharing this on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.