Adding Some Music to Lunch

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Friday I was in the mood to create something, but nothing on my long list of things that needed to get done were calling out to me. I wanted to create something fun. Then I came across this…

boomboxlunchbag

…an adorable boom box lunch box from the gap. After seeing this, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

I had a little lunch box/cooler that I had received back in my teaching days. One year for teacher appreciation week, the parents took us on a “cruise” around the world. Everyday for lunch we got a different themed cuisine. For Americas day, we got hot dogs and hamburgers and they came in these fun lunch boxes. We also received matching water bottles. Now I stay at home with my little guy and no longer work for this school, but I still have the lunch sack that they gave me. So I went ahead and transformed it into something that my son can use.

DSC06626-1DSC06655-1

I just used some felt in a variety of blues, greys, black and white to create my own version of a boom box.

DSC06704

And since I had the matching water bottle, I figured why not do something with it as well. I created a headphones water bottle cozy. Take a turn around the water bottle cozy. I wrapped the headphone wire around the water bottle while giving it a 3D effect.

Water Bottle World Map

The cozy is held together with some black Velcro.

DSC06661

Not that my son is old enough to care what his lunch box looks like, or old enough to even know what a lunch box or a boom box is, but I plan on keeping this around for a while. For now we will take it with us to our picnics in the park. Hopefully someday he will think it is cool.

DSC06688DSC06702

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

4 comments:

  1. WHAT?!?!! This is CUTE!! You get some definite upcycle points for creativity, i love how the two go together :) And i love the tape deck too (pinning it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I'm so glad I saw your link-up on Trendy Treehouse. I LOVE this project and my daughter would absolutely flip for it!

    A few things: I'm pinning your post on Pinterest and sharing with my readers on Facebook. I'm also wondering if you'd be at all interested in sharing this post, as a guest-post on my blog, Rook No. 17 during my "Back to School" feature week in August?

    New follower and fan,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cool lunchbox. This is a genius idea and I LOVE the water bottle koozie!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.