New Necklaces

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

SONY DSC

Today, I thought I would share with you how to make a fun new necklace. All you need is 4 feet of ribbon, some crafting beads, and some tape.

SONY DSC

 


SONY DSC

SONY DSC


DSC00284
1. First, measure 1 foot from the end of your ribbon and tie a double knot.

2. Then measure 1 foot from the other end of your ribbon and mark with a piece of tape. This is so you know where to stop adding beads.

3. Then add a piece of tape to the end of the ribbon where you will be threading your bead. It will just make it easier to thread.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC
4. Then string your first bead on. 5. Then tie another double knot. 6. Then keep adding a bead and tying a double knot until you have all of your beads on. (I used eleven beads)

 

SONY DSC

Here is another one made with the same knotting the ribbon technique.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

This one was created with two ribbons.

SONY DSC

I have a lot of beaded necklaces. Most of them I haven't worn in years. So I thought to myself, how can I make them wearable again. Here are a few suggestions.

You can fold a necklace in half and add a striped ribbon. (The idea for this came from Pinterest.)

SONY DSC

You can use on old shoelace and tie that to the ends of your beads.

SONY DSC

You can use a patterned ribbon or fabric to tie to the ends of your beads. Instead of just tying it in a knot, you could tie bows at the end of the beads. Maybe something for a little girl.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

My beads came with a chain at the end of them so that you can hook them around your neck. You can either take the chain off, or you can cover it with some fabric and then tie some ribbon around it.

SONY DSC

Just a few ideas on how to create new beaded necklaces, and how to spruce up some old ones!

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! (and I love that window, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks soo much for sharing your ideas and tutorial with us! Just wanted to let you know that I've featured this post over on Sew Gloried at my Wonderful Wednesday post!

    http://www.sewgloried.com/2011/09/wonderful-wednesday-3.html

    <3 Lisa
    sewgloried.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! They are so simple and so beautiful. I would love for you to share this idea on my link party at cookienut.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how they turned out! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Show & Share! Hope you’re joining us again this week!
    http://mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com/2011/10/show-share-8.html

    Marie
    Mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.