Pacifier Clips

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Voting for Week 5- Up cycle Week is up over on SYTYC- don’t forget to go vote for your favorite project. Thanks!
_____________

For scrap week I chose to make pacifier clips. These will shortly become a necessity in our home as my baby girl will be here in about 6 weeks.

IMG_0259 copy

Pacifier clips are the perfect way to use up any left over scraps of fabric, felt, lace, or ribbon. And since I have an unhealthy obsession with felt, and keep every last scrap of it. Adding cute felt bows to the end of each pacifier clip was a perfect way to use up some of the felt that I seem to hoard.

collage_edited-2

I basically used MADE’s pacifier clip tutorial from Sew Mama Sew. I cut 2 inch x 14 inch pieces of fabric. I folded the fabric in half, and then I used a rolled hem to sew the edges. I also sewed Velcro to the ends of the fabric. My only alteration to the original tutorial was that instead of using suspender clips, I used badge clips- you know the ones that you use for a name tag at work. Badge clips are a much cheaper option. If you go to Joann's or your local craft store, a 2 pack of suspender clips costs $3. A pack of badge clips also costs $3, but you get 21 of them. Since I was planning to make a bunch of these I went with the cheaper option.

If you want to go with the badge clip option, it is pretty simple.

1. Use hot glue to glue on the badge clip. 2. Then to protect from the sharp end of the badge clip, glue on a felt bow.

collage 2_edited-1

The felt bow adds a cute touch to the pacifier clip. It also protects from the pointy edge of the badge clip.

IMG_0294 copy 2

Here are a few of my favorite ones. Although, really I love them all!

IMG_0311 copy 2

These are super simple to create. You can use your old scraps to create them. They also make the perfect gift. I’ve got lots of pregnant friends. I also have a sister and a sister-in-law that are due the same week as me. I have a feeling that I will be making a lot of these.

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

7 comments:

  1. I love how you put the bow on them - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW those felt bows are so stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I love the bows! I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at Pin It and Win It Wednesday at www.cheapcraftymama.com-- where you can win free ad-space on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babies always need it irrespiective, even they are comfortable... We at radolabs have created a Radotech Ecosystem which will be comfortable for employees as well

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.