Spinach and Strawberry Salad(source allrecipes.com)
- 2 bunches baby spinach
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Sweet Dinner Rolls(source: allreipces.com)
- 1/2 cup warm water (11 0 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Place water, milk, egg, 1/3 cup butter, sugar, salt, flour and yeast in the pan of the bread machine Select Dough/Knead and First Rise Cycle; press Start.
- When cycle finishes, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12 inch circle, spread 1/4 cup softened butter over entire round. Cut each circle into 8 wedges. Roll wedges starting at wide end; roll gently but tightly. Place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Cover with clean kitchen towel and put in a warm pla ce, let rise 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.
Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes(source allrecipes.com)
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 green onions, sliced, divided
Bake potatoes for 1 hour at 350°. Meanwhile cook and crumble bacon. When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins. To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon. Bake for another 15 minutes.
For dessert I will be making my mom's famous strawberry cake. Look for the recipe next week. It is so worth the wait!
What are your favorite Easter recipes?