Happy Easter Series: Part 1- Craft

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Today is part one of a three part Easter series that we are doing for the next three Thursdays. We are going to talk about Easter crafts, recipes, and traditions. It is going to be a lot of fun! Today we are going to get started with an Easter craft.

I recently made some fabric eggs with doily egg stands. Now it may be a sin to use Fall colors in the Spring, but I can’t help myself. Fall colors are my favorite colors. You can use the springiest fabric colors to make your own. Even though I love the fabric, that is not my favorite part. The the doily stand is my favorite. Love it!

DSC03776DSC03774 

Let me show you how to make these:

DSC03689 Materials needed:

1. Plastic eggs
2. Modge Podge
3. Foam brush
3. Doily
4. Fabric
DSC03693DSC03694 1. Cut a 4 in x 6 in piece of fabric.

2. Cut that piece of fabric into 1/2 in strips.
DSC03695DSC03696 3. Cover your egg in modge podge using the foam brush.
DSC03710DSC03712 4. Start laying fabric on top of egg, diagonally.
DSC03716DSC03718 5. Cut three rounded edges from your doily.
DSC03723DSC03725 6. Using your foam brush, put a circle of modge podge around the bottom of your egg.

7. Place the doily over the modge podge.

8. There is no step 8, your Finished!

 

I can’t help but say the word, adorable, every time I walk by these.DSC03726DSC03730

Next Thursday, Easter recipe from Whitney.

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

Visit thecsiproject.com

11 comments:

  1. Those are SUPER cute! What a great idea for the doily stand!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I have been looking for egg cups but these are much cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! What a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute - I can barely stand it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids have u to thank for an early bedtime so I can attempt to craft these lil cuties up.
    *THANK YOU* for this idea and tutorial!!
    I'm your newest follower and so very glad I found you on One Pretty Thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty, I can't but love anything with doilies

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWww! I love it! SOOO CUTE! - head over to my blog-im doing a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are so cute. glad I found your blog.

    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, these are very cute! I made some that are very, very similar. The post is about three back on my blog. :)
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.