The Lacey Infinity Scarf

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

DSC08307

I am in the process of making a fun navy dress. I’ll make sure to share that with you when it is complete. The dress is made from a navy jersey, and it incorporates a little bit of lace. I had a few scrap pieces left over from that project. I decided to make my own infinity scarf with the scarps that I had left. Can I just tell you that I am in love with this scarf!

It is so simple to make. You can create it in 3 simple steps!

DSC08308

Step 1: Cut your fabric. You will need a 9 inch by 2 yard piece of jersey or knit. You will also need a 9 inch by 15 inch piece of lace. (* I am going to leave the knit un-hemmed. It wont fray since it is a knit. If that is going to bother you, I suggest cutting a 18 inch by 2 yard piece of knit. Then fold that in half and sew up the open side. Make sense? It will also give the scarf a fuller look as well.)

Step 2: Sew both ends of your lace to your knit. I overlaid the lace onto the jersey 1 inch. Since this in knit, I used a zig-zag stich. Or if you have a serger you could sew it with that instead.

DSC08312

Step 3. Done! You should now have a long tube of jersey and lace.

DSC08330

There are numerous ways to wear your scarf. Below are just a few ways that you could wear it.

Infinity Scarf

I love this scarf!

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

4 comments:

  1. I love this scarf too!!! I love that you show different ways to wear it by placing the lace portion in different spots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarf looks great! love how versatile it is.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Gotta try this one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.