Chimichurri Fish Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

SONY DSC
I don’t know about you, but my food preferences change with the seasons. Without me even realizing it in the Winter I gravitate towards soups, meats and potatoes, recipes that include heavy creams. I almost don’t even think about vegetables. Then Summer rolls around and all of the sudden I am practically a vegetarian. Besides all of the hamburgers and hot dogs that we throw on the grill everything I eat is fresh and colorful.

Well the weather has been heating up here in Denver and so has my need for eating fresher foods. The other night I took my first step towards my Spring/Summer eating habits. I made chimichurri rubbed fish tacos with an avocado corn salsa. They were delicious!

Ingredients:
Chimichurri Rubbed Fish:
  • 1 lb Cod
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar (white wine vinegar would work fine too)
  • 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
  • 2 teaspoons oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Avocado Corn Salsa:
  • 2 avocados, diced
  • 8 oz. can corn
  • 1 jalapeno, diced
  • 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 small red onion, diced
  • juice from 2 limes
  • salt to taste
Combine parsley flakes, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes in a bowl stir together. Lay cod in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover the cod in olive oil. Next rub the cod with the chimichurri mix. Place in oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

Then combine your salsa ingredients in a bowl and stir together. Refrigerate for a few minutes before serving.

When cod is cooked, cut into smaller pieces. Lay cod inside warm corn tortillas and then top with avocado corn salsa.

Enjoy!

SONY DSC

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.