Today I want to share the tutorial on how to create the to do list from my organization board.
I started with the items pictured below:
- cookie sheet size 9x13
- 2 rulers
- a role of wrapping paper
- a wooden rod or a hanger(just cut the bottom of the hanger off to create a rod)
- a pad of construction paper
Lets look at how to create your own to do list:
1. Start with your rulers. Make sure you purchase rulers that have a hole at the end. Or you can purchase rulers without holes. You will just need to drill your own holes into the ruler. I say take the easy way and get rulers with the holes.
2. Cut one of your rulers. My cookie sheet measured 9 inches across. I cut my ruler down to 8 inches. Although, I wish that I had cut it at about 8 1/2 inches. You may want to try that length instead. As you make this cut, make sure that those 8 inches of ruler don’t include the hole. You will need the hole in the next step.
3. Next cut the holes off the end of both rulers. I cut each of mine at 1 1/2 inches long.
My cookie sheet is about 3/4 of an inch tall. Whatever the height of your cookies sheet make sure that the ruler hole sits above the top edge of the cookie sheet. You are going to stick your rod through the ruler hole. You want to make sure that the rod sits above the cookie sheet so that it can be easily removed so you can replace your roll of paper when it runs out.
4. Cut your roll of wrapping paper. You want to cut it 1/2 an inch shorter than you cut your ruler length in step 2. I cut up my roll of wrapping paper into 7 1/2 inch pieces. I was able to cut my roll of wrapping paper in to three pieces. Now I have a roll for my to do list, plus two back up rolls for when I run out.
5. Next cut your rod. If your rod or your hanger is longer than your cookie sheet than you will need to cut to the correct length. I cut my rod down to an 8 1/2 inch piece. Just shorter then the width of my 9 inch cookie sheet.
6. Next I painted my ruler pieces white.
7. Once the ruler was dry, I glued it to my cookie sheet. First I glued the ruler ends with the holes to the top sides of my cookie sheet.
Then I glued the 8 inch piece of ruler to the bottom middle of my cookie sheet.
7. Next I took my rod and put it through one of the ruler holes.
8. Then I slid on my roll of paper, and then I pushed the rod through the second ruler hole.
9. Then I took the roll of paper and slid it down though the ruler. The reason for this being that when I need to cut off my to do list, I can scroll the paper through the ruler and rip it off with the sharp edge of the ruler.
Now you can create your own to do list with just a few dollar store items.