With Easter just around the corner I thought I would give a few easy tips/tricks to make sure you don't overdo with all the food surrounding the holiday.
1. Make sure to eat throughout the day leading up to your dinner, that way you don't over eat at dinner.
2. Choose to serve Easter dinner on a smaller plate size. Research has shown that eating on a smaller plate can help reduce how much food you end up eating in a meal.
3. Here is an interesting tip: Try eating with your non dominate hand. With all the hassle and the amount of time it might take you to eat your food your body might have time to tell you it is full.
4. Cut down on the sodium. If any of your yummy recipes used canned products make sure they are reduced sodium.
5. Throw away or give away the extra Easter candy your kids don't eat to a neighbor. This way you are not as tempted by those cadbury eggs.... my favorite :)
6. Listen to your body, if it is telling you to stop eating, then stop. Step away from the table and get a jump on the clean up.
Happy Easter Everyone!
I sure wished my Easter dinner table looked as cool as this one: