Favorite Meal to Share

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This is hands down my favorite meal and recipe to give to someone I am bringing dinner to. So guaranteed if you just had a baby, are sick or just need a good home cooked meal, this is what you are getting from me. It feeds A TON, tastes delicious and is a one pot meal. It really couldn't get better than that. Before I post the recipe though, I have to give credit to my favorite cooking blog ever. It is www.melskitchencafe.com She
is my absolute favorite and has forever changed the way I cook. So most of my recipes come from her, with a few tweaks here and there. But honestly, her stuff is so good I am ashamed to admit I tweak any of it.

Skillet Chili Mac
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, minced
3/4 tablespoon chili powder (add more if you want more heat)
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
2 cups water
8 ounces (2 cups) elbow macaroni
1 cup frozen corn
1 4.5-oz can chopped green chilies
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, pepper jack, any combo will work)

Heat oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef, onion, chili powder, coriander, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook the ground beef until it is no longer pink. Drain off any excess fat or grease. Stir in garlic and brown sugar and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomato sauce, water, and macaroni. Cover and cook, stirring often, until the macaroni is tender, about 10-12 minutes.
Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, frozen corn, green chilies and cilantro and sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese over the top. Cover and let sit off the heat until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.

Eat and enjoy! I'll post my favorite side dish to serve with this meal later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.