Bat Pillows

Monday, October 17, 2011

SONY DSC

I am all about these bat specimen pillows that keep popping up all over the web. I think they are fabulous! I just had to make my own version.

I started with two pillowcases that I made last year. They are just your basic pocket pillow. I just slip them over the pillows that sit on my porch during the summer.

SONY DSC

Last year I couldn’t decide what to do with the pillows so I drew a ghost and boo in chalk. It was cute but not practical as you couldn’t actually use the pillows without getting chalk on yourself.SONY DSC

This year I decided to commit to a design for the pillows. I went with the bat specimen pillows.

SONY DSCSONY DSC

I used this stencil and cut out the bats in felt. I would have sewed them on, but since the pillows were already made I just attached the bats with hot glue.

SONY DSCSONY DSC

I love my new porch swing pillows!

SONY DSC

Look forward to a Halloween giveaway tomorrow! I made a few extra Halloween trick or treat bags, and I thought that I would share some with you fabulous readers!

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

Visit thecsiproject.com

9 comments:

  1. I love them! (I was just looking at making throw pillows this morning (for the kids' beds) and looked at making the envelope kind. Easy to switch out etc. I know who to call when I can't figure it out!) :)

    Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! And that made me smile--thinking about someone getting up from the couch with a big OO8 on their back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! I love the moon--perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love the 3D effect.
    Great job! Visiting from CSI project.
    Lindsay
    craftyladylindsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dangit! I made some bat pillows, but now I like yours so much better. Love the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great! I love the bat & moon one. I found your blog through the Halloween CSI project linky party. I'm your newest follower...I hope you'll stop by my new blog & follow along too!
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! I love the one with the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are stinkin cute!! Especially the moon one!!
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.