IKEA Clock Makeover Challenge

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

SONY DSC

Recently, I had the chance to meet up with some fabulous women that I have met online. We headed to IKEA for a girls night out. We chatted, ate meatballs, and walked our way through IKEA. That night we each picked up the TAJMA wall clock and decided to put our own spin on it. Today we are showing off our creations.

tajma-wall-clock__0100798_PE244230_S4

I decided that this clock would be perfect for my craft room. I set out to create some thing fun and unique that would match the crazy purple walls in my craft room.

I started with some fabric, mod podge, various sizes of wooden spools, 12 colors of embroidery thread, a cream piece of paper, scissors, 1 button, and my handy dandy glue gun.

And with those supplies, I created this fun clock!

SONY DSC

With the help of the mod podge, I covered the clock in fabric.

SONY DSC

Then I cut out an 8.5 inch circle to cover the inside of the clock.

SONY DSC

Then I took the wooden spools and wrapped them with 12 different colors of embroidery thread.

SONY DSC

Then turned over the original clock hands, because the underside was silver and I preferred that over the black hands. I then wrapped them in embroidery thread. I also cut the hands at an angle, because the hands were too long now with the addition of the wooden spools. I finished it off with a button in the middle.

SONY DSC

I love the bright colors of the clock!

SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSC

Now are you ready to go see some more IKEA clock makeovers?!, check out Courtney from Sweet C's Designs, Kirstin from Kojodesigns, Tara from Taradara Made It, and Alison from Oopsey Daisy.  They all made this clock their own as well! These girls are fantastic! I LOVE all of them! It was a blast working on this IKEA clock challenge with these lovely ladies! 

clock challenge

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

8 comments:

  1. ohmygoodness! love it! :)
    the spools are FABULOUS. what a great idea!
    love
    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out really cute! I love how you used spools for the numbers. Great clock for a craft room! I have a party going on over at my blog that is dedicated to using your craft stash items. The link is open for most of October and I would love to have you join! Here is the link if you are interested: http://mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com/2011/10/document.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! And what a fun outing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWzers! I seriously love those spools for the clock numbers. So dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man I love IKEA and their cheapness! Great job making over the clock. I really like the bright pattern. Come visit me- www.alivedinhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my heck I LOVE all of these! Thank you so much I am definitely dong this! That thread spool idea was genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! They are all fabulous!! I love the color theme of yours!! So fun!
    Thanks for linking up to Show & Share!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog and this project - so creative and fun and I love the CO bloggers challenge with an Ikea product! Just wanted to let you know I featured it in my roundup of clock re-dos and makeovers here. Feel free to check it out if you want and hope you like it! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.