Chicken Enchilada Soup

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I think it is fairly obvious now of my serious love for soup. I love making soups and eating them even more. This soup is no exception. So delicious and ridiculously easy to whip together. What makes this recipe the quickest to prepare is if you already have precooked shredded chicken. I do this once a month. I put 8 chicken breasts in a crock pot with 1 tsp. garlic salt and about 1/2 chicken broth. Cook on low for 8 hours and have perfectly cooked shredded chicken. I get about 4 bags with 2 cups shredded chicken each. Perfect for just about any recipe that calls for chicken. You can make this soup spicy if you want and can interchange the ingredients so easy to what you love.


Chicken Enchilada Soup

2 cups shredded chicken
1 can chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can tomato soup
1 can diced tomatoes or Rotel
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn (or 1 can corn)
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt

Saute onion and garlic in 1 T oil until softened. Dump the rest of the ingredients in the pot. Stir to combine. Simmer for 30 minutes. Top with sour cream, crushed tortilla strips, cheese or what else sounds delicious. Enjoy.

*if you want this more spicy, up the chili powder to 1 Tablespoon and add a can of diced green chilies.
*If not using pre-shredded chicken, cut chicken in bite size pieces and cook with the onions and garlic until no longer pink


3 comments:

  1. What a yummy soup? Can you send me a more detailed recipe on how you cook your chicken in the crock pot? We use chicken a couple times a week here and it would be SO much easier to already have it cooked than use the George Foreman which is a PAIN to clean!

    Can't wait to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This soup looks so good! I make one similar to this, but I'll have to try this one too. I left you guys some blog love on my running blog @ runlearnrepeat.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.