Halloween Table Setting- Plus 2 Mini Tutorials

Monday, October 10, 2011

I have my very own Halloween table setting. I told you, I love Halloween! I hope to start a tradition in the next year or two when my son is a little older. I would love to have a spooky Halloween themed dinner one night during the month of October. Since my son is only 18 months, we will have to wait to start that tradition. But for now we do like to have friends over for a Halloween get together. Today I thought I would share what our Halloween dining table looks like. I also want to share 2 mini tutorials on how to make the spider web doily table runner, and how to make some Halloween name/place cards.

SONY DSC

But first let me show off a few details of what you will find on the table. I have a Frankenstein salt and pepper shaker. 

 SONY DSC

There are pumpkin plates and cups.

SONY DSCSONY DSC

The table is accessorized with various spider candle holders.

SONY DSCSONY DSC

SONY DSC

As we get ready for this years Halloween party, I thought I would share a tutorial on the place cards that I will be using.

Halloween Place Cards

SONY DSC

You will need:

  • Black paper
  • Mini clothes pins
  • Ribbon
  • Glue gun
  • Scissors(or just use your Silhouette or Cricut to cut the stencil for you. That’s what I did.)
  • Chalk

SONY DSC

 

Fullscreen capture 10102011 122433 PM.bmp
Step 1. Cut out your name card shapes. All I did was Google bat stencil or spider stencil. I browsed through the images until I found one that I liked. I had my Cricut cut my stencils for me.

 

SONY DSC
Step 2. Put a dab of hot glue into the back of your name card.

 

SONY DSC
Step 3. Attach your clothes pin.

SONY DSCStep 4. Tie ribbon around your napkin.

SONY DSCStep 5. Attach your clothes pin to the ribbon.

 

SONY DSCStep 6. Write name in chalk.

I cut 4 different designs.

SONY DSCSONY DSC

Spider Web Doily Table Runner

SONY DSC

I feel silly giving step by step instructions for this since you can probably figure this out on your own. So I will make this even more brief than the last tutorial. I had my Cricut cut out the stencil below. I cut it out in various sizes on white paper. Then I glued the white spider web to black paper to make the web more stable and less flimsy. Then I just laid them on the table. The stencil I used was from this website. Any questions?

Fullscreen capture 10102011 114135 AM.bmp

That is what eating, Halloween style, look like at our home.

SONY DSC

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

5 comments:

  1. I think it looks amazing! I love the table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are so creative. This looks awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is seriously awesome! I hope you will link this up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party.
    www.itsybityspaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so great! Thanks for linking up with us at Show & Share! Can't wait to see what you link up this week!

    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it- look how festive you are! :)
    Also, zoo date? Soon? Jord and her fam are here until the 27th, but then after that, we're wide open. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.