Fall Into Spring Top

Monday, May 9, 2011

DSC04587

I bought the fabric for this top last October at JoAnns. I knew the second that I saw it, that I wanted to make myself a top with it. I couldn’t decide how I wanted that top to look. Finally last Thursday, I just went for it. I sewed until I was done. I didn't use a pattern for this. I’m not a huge fan of patterns. I basically just patterned this after a shirt that I already own.

DSC04586

I call it my Fall into Spring top, because of it’s Fall colors. I know that I have said it before, but Fall colors are my favorite colors no matter what time of the year. Plus, I am sucker for anything mustard yellow. I love this fabric!

 DSC04599

This top is very versatile. (Ignore my lame modeling poses and weird faces. There is one thing that I know for sure, I did not miss my calling in life as a model.)

You can wear it with a belt.  

DSC04589 

Or on a breezy evening, you can wear it with a cute sweater and another belt.

DSC04591

Or you can dress it up with a cute skirt. And wouldn’t this look cute with a chunky belt? I am getting back into belts these days :)

 skirt

A few things about the top. I added a pleated sleeve. I also added 1/2 inch bias tape around the edge of the sleeves and neck.

DSC04595DSC04598

And since it is Spring Top month over at Made by Rae. I figure I will enter this one.

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I love the way the top fits and with a sweater and belt, it is even more fabulous. So cute!!! Great job. saw you over at Sugar Bee's.
    ladeedacreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun top. I love the fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all of your kind somments. Yes Krista, it is cotton.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. My favorite is the picture with the yellow skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it with the black belt. nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.