The Garden Apron

Monday, May 16, 2011

A few weeks ago we finally got out to plant our vegetable garden. I am so excited to see what comes of it!

DSC04545DSC04582

We even put the babe to work. It’s never too early to learn :)

DSC04573DSC04575

Before we could garden, I needed to make myself something… a gardening apron!

DSC04530

I like to have all of my stuff with me and accessible. Plus, I am very forgetful and I loose things all of the time. I hate having to search my yard for where I left the shovel or my gloves or whatever it is that I am needing at the moment. So when I found this cute vintage looking fabric, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I was going to make an apron to solve all of my gardening woes.

DSC04534

I made sure to cover the fabric with a plastic lining (I forget what the exact name for the plastic is. Just something you can get by the yard at JoAnns.) I wanted the apron to be a little more heavy duty, something that was cute but could still hold up well to me crawling around in the dirt. I am sure a cute oil cloth print would work too.

DSC04558

I used a red bias tape for the edges around the apron and for the pockets.

DSC04516 DSC04522

I finished it off with a big pink bow.

DSC04520 

I love it!

DSC04526DSC04531DSC04533DSC04532

While my husband was on a run to home depot to pick up more gardening soil, I had a few minutes to make some vegetable tags. I just used paper and stickers. I thought that these wouldn’t stand a chance to the elements. I am shocked at how well they have held up. I guess it shows that with the power of plastic wrap and clear duck tape anything is possible ;)

DSC04561 DSC04563DSC04567

Now if only it would stop raining and Summer would show up here in Colorado. I can’t wait to tackle the rest of my yard and other outdoor projects!

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Sew Can Do. I'm loving this apron!! Very cute.

    Come by my blog when you have a moment:
    http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2011/05/wool-buffalo-check-coat-finished.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it:) i totally want one, sooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute apron and so practical too! I've seen that vinyl but have never used it nor known anyone who has. I'm glad to know it worked well for you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.