Valentine Pillows (Update)

Monday, January 24, 2011

*I have updated the pillows. Take another look. Did I make them better or did I totally ruin a good thing?

Let me introduce you to my new valentine pillows. My porch was looking a little bare so I decided to spruce it up with a few holiday pillows.

DSC00525

I struggled while making these. I usually have a vision in mind before I start creating, but this time all I knew was that I wanted to use burlap for the pillows and somehow incorporate red felt.

So I started off with this idea of love birds. I found myself making a bird stencil. I then proceeded to trace and cut out birds.

DSC00153DSC00152

By the way, it is always nice to have a little encouragement while cutting (you know cause it is so hard to do ;) Here’s the babe clapping away while I am cutting away. (He just learned to clap and he is so proud of himself.)

DSC00363DSC00360

Then I thought love birds… birds on a wire, one thing lead to another and this was the final product.

DSC00396

I also thought birds and trees go well together so I went with that thought, and this is what happened…

DSC00374Before

DSC00534After

Update: I woke up this morning completely unsatisfied with my pillows. I needed to tie them together better. So I repurposed a few of the tree leaves to make a birds nest. Then I decided to use a few of the extra birds that I happened to have cut out(remember I had no idea what I was doing when I started this project.) I also wanted to add some twine to this pillow as well. I made the boy bird a little bow tie.

DSC00527

Now I think that they go “better together” Ok, now I am just being cheesy.

DSC00521

They are resting nicely on my front porch swing. I even caught of glimpse of them while I was cleaning up my living room this morning. They made me smile. I know that now they are complete.

DSC00516DSC00517

Visit thecsiproject.com

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

13 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the one with the love birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! Love the birds. I think I would add one or two to the tree pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! I love the one with all the red birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-Dorable! I, too, have an infatuation for birds and these are just my style! My brain is swirling with ideas for how I can do them! This page is bookmarked! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so stinkin' cute! I love them! Thanks so much for linking them up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and chic looking too! Love it;0) Visiting from the CSI Project

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so cute. I am smittin. Love it. Found you on CSI.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so so cute! Love the birds, love the carved initals, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these pillows...very very cute!!

    Lyssie
    http://lifeoflyssie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these! I might need to make some of these today instead of cleaning my house :)

    morganmadeit.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are adorable! I featured you today at MMM...come on over and grab a C.R.A.F.T. featured e button and link up another great idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.