Where We Create- Angela

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Let me introduce you to a part one of a three part series we would like to call Where We (Wray sist3rs) Create. Our space whether it be our kitchen, our sewing room, or our favorite place to run is important to us. They are places where we can be ourselves and create projects, dinners, or a stronger/healthier us. For the next three Tuesdays we will take turns. Whitney will share where she cooks, Lauren will share where she runs, and I will share where I sew.

Today, I(Angela) will start off. As I mentioned yesterday I am in the process of reorganizing my craft room(although, I updated yesterdays post so I may have taken that part off.) I am still in the middle of the reorganizing process, but I am happy to share what I do have done.

Here is my sewing table. DSC00472

I repurposed old baby formula cans into my storage containers. I used paper and flowers to spruce them up a bit.

imageimageimageimage

I have eight of these floating around the room. They hold anything from pens, pencils, glue to buttons, fabric scraps, and even clothes pins.

DSC00285DSC00288 

And since I am on the topic of repurposing, I use an old William Sonoma Peppermint Bark tin to hold extra bobbins, thread, and pins.

DSC00257

A while back I fashioned my own thread rack. It is made out of hot glue and toothpicks. I glued two toothpicks together. Then I glued them to the back of my shelf. I was skeptical on whether or not it would hold up, but it works! I just need to add some more now.

DSC00468

Here is my ribbon holder. It used to be a tea cup holder. I purchased these cups at World Market a while back. They are now hanging on a rack in my Kitchen. So I repurposed my cup holder into a ribbon holder.

DSC00334image

Here is my machine. It isn’t anything fancy. I know people can be picky about their brand of machine. I learned to sew on a Singer. It is what my Mom uses and now I use one. I love it!

 imageDSC00478

A clock that my husband picked up for me one day. He went to Wal-Mart to get diapers and he came home with a gift for my craft room.

imageimage

I just took down my inspiration wall to hang my embroidery thread. I used to have a big cork board here with all of my ideas on it. I never use it anymore. See the internet is a glorious place. Now if I find inspiration, I usually bookmark it. I would rather look at beautiful colored thread anyway.

DSC00349

Now you have a little peak into my creative space.

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

Where We Create- Lauren

5 comments:

  1. I love all the creative ideas you've done in your craft room!

    The baby formula containers are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great ideas thank you! I'm trying to create a craft space in our bedroom, this is inspiring! Love the ribbon holder and the little thread rack, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you hung your floss, and love the repurpose of the formula cans! I've been saving mine to do the SAME THING. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I am in the process of revamping my creative space too! Would love for you to come and visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made With Love Monday! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.