A Valentines Gift

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Are you looking for an inexpensive Valentines gift to give to a family member? Or maybe just a way to get your house ready for the upcoming Holiday?

I recently made a cheap and easy picture frame. I thought that I would share a tutorial.

DSC00026

Materials needed:

  • $1 wooden frame from Michaels
  • Old book
  • Scissors
  • Mod Podge
  • Black and red paper

       imageStep 1. Tear pages from an old book. (That is always the saddest part.)

 imageStep 2. Cut pages into squares. My squares were about 2 in. x 2 in.

    imageStep 3. Apply Mod Podge to your wooden frame.

image

 

 

 

Step 4. Lay squares on top of the frame. Notice how my squares are bigger than the width of the frame? I did that so I could just fold the paper over, covering the inside and outside edge of the frame as well. Once everything was glued down, I put a coat of Mod Podge on top as well.

image 

 

 

 

   

    Step 5. Add some hearts!

 

image

 

 

 

 

Step 6. Add some LOVE! I used my circuit to cut these letters out. My circuit will cut out any font in Microsoft Word. The font I used was French Script MT. If you don’t have a circuit, you could just print off the letters using Microsoft Word.

Easy. Easy. Seriously after I got the idea in my head- five minutes later it was done. Maybe I could stretch that to ten minutes if you count the time it took to have my circuit to cut out the letters.

DSC00030 DSC00087

This one is on my Mantel.

DSC00079

I also made one as a gift, and put this picture inside. Can you guess who it is for?

Ethan Month 9 

I heart Valentines Day!

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

11 comments:

  1. I love your love frame. I need one for my grandson's picture. He is about the same age as your cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I like that! Plus, I'm so excited that I get to be your first follower! Yay!

    Miranda
    www.justdrinkacoke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable frame, I think my mom would love this with a photo of her granddaughter in it!! Thanks for the great idea!

    xoxo
    Kelli @ loveoursimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind comments.

    Emily, yes I did make the banner. Maybe I will have to do a tutorial on that soon.

    Miranda, thanks for being our first follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw such adorable ideas!! Thanks so much for coming and linking up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I featured you on Love Get Crafty today!

    http://www.redtedart.com/2011/02/01/love-get-crafty/

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute! Love the frame, and the cutie in the highchair :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have Written such a Marvelous Blog, Very Interesting & Valuable Information.
    Customised gifts offers Official Licensed products and Licensed Children’s personalised books,We give our guarantee that our customised gifts are durable and of highest quality.
    https://customisedgifts.net.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have Written such a Marvelous Blog, Very Interesting & Valuable Information.
    Customised gifts offers Official Licensed products and Licensed Children’s personalised books,We give our guarantee that our customised gifts are durable and of highest quality,Special occasion gifts.
    Get them at an affordable price, Customised gifts offer Official Authorized stocks
    https://customisedgifts.net.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Post! Very interesting blog, pls visit our site Gift Packing Box

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.