How to Prepare For a Trip to Disney World

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My sisters probably want to kick me for posting this. Sorry girls! See our family has a little bit on an obsession with Disney. Ever since I was 12 my family has managed to make Disney World an almost yearly tradition. The closest we have ever lived to Orlando is Chicago. We have only moved farther and farther away since. It’s not like it’s a quick trip in the car. We LOVE Disney and we can’t seem to get enough of it! I actually told my husband when we were first married that we needed to make room in the budget for yearly trips to Disney. He thought I was kidding. This is our third year of marriage and our third trip to Disney. I think he is starting to catch on :)
 
This week some of our family, minus Whitney and Lauren- you will be missed, are headed to Disney World to celebrate our brothers upcoming graduation from High School. I am so excited! I have a few tips today on how to prepare and what to craft before you head to Disney :)
 
First, you need to prepare mentally.  You need to study up on all things Mickey Mouse.  
DSC01808DSC01813

Next, you need to prepare physically. There is no harm in changing up your diet shortly before trips to Disney World.
DSC01799DSC02857 
*Actually that caramel apple is from my last Disney visit. But how cool is that?

Third, you need to put your sewing machine to the test. A trip to Disney requires an entirely new wardrobe. Especially if you are celebrating your first birthday while you are there :)
 DSC01888goofy5 

With all of this rigorous Disney preparation, you must remember to take time for yourself. What better way to do that then by creating cute accessories to wear.
DSC01900

I think we are ready for Disney! I can’t wait!
41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love your minnie mouse accessory how fun! I just went to Disney World for the first time last month. We had a great time, it sounds like you are an old pro though! We also saw Harry Potter WOrld at Universal, so fun, if you are a Harry Potter geek like me!

    ladybirdln.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the headband, do you have a tutorial for it?

    Newest folower from wedns blog hop, come visit when you get a chance. heading on the disney cruise soon

    http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cute!! Love the headband. We may be going to Disney for the first time EVER in October or December. Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the headband! Will you have a tutorial for it? My little cousin is going for the first time next month and I'd love to make her one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going to Disney in one month (we go every 1 1/2 - 2 years) but this time I am getting prepared with all the fun outfits. Love the headband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute post! :)

    I grew up in Florida (about 3 hours from Disney), so as a kid we went probably once a year.

    I've been able to take my daughter twice (we live in Indianapolis now).

    I love the headband!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I am jealous, I want to go !!! I love all your preparation! I absolutely love the minnie headband!!! I am your newest follower and hope that you will come be a follower at my blog!!! brooke
    brookedouglass@yahoo.com
    Girl Boy Girl Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a super cute headband! And I love shaped pancakes. I think today is Pancake Day? Anyways, your creations are beautiful thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.