The Shelf… Decorating My Bedroom One Step at a Time

Monday, February 7, 2011

I was so busy with my American Crafter project last week that I didn’t get much of a chance to do any other crafting. I did get a chance to decorate a shelf in my bedroom.

We moved into our home a little over a year and a half ago. I love how I have decorated every room in my house except one, my bedroom. Well I guess I can’t even say that, because I have yet to decorate it. I can’t make up my mind on what to do with it. I make my husband hang something up, but then I’ll take it down the next day. (he loves that ;) My bedroom decor has stayed boring for too long. I am tried of talking about how I want to decorate it. I am finally taking steps to do something about it. I know decorating a shelf is a small thing, but I am proud of myself for at least doing something.

As you will probably notice I used some of my valentine decor as inspiration for the decor on this shelf.

DSC01230

I printed out my new owl calendar. You can create your own (for free) HERE.

DSC01222 

I took a chipboard H and covered it in burlap. I even added a little flower. The flower is made from a brown paper lunch sack.

DSC01223 DSC01223.JPG1

Just in case you think that I have a strange obsession with owls, that is not the case. I want to put a picture of me and my husband in the love frame, but I haven’t found the right one yet. The love frame is actually just one of those cheap plastic frames. I think mine is from Target. I just added a button and some stickers.

DSC01224

Tutorial for book page picture frame found HERE. I tied together some old books with some twine to finish it off.

DSC01227

One small step to finally getting my bedroom decorated. I have to say that I am satisfied with it… for now ;)

DSC01231

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

7 comments:

  1. Simply chic! I am a pushover for burlap, love it all. Happy to be a new follower. :) Please share your creativity with my followers, link to my blog bash K.I.S.S. I also host The Homespun Slate @ The Tattered Tag, a fun place for on-line specialty shops to link up.

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your ideas!! Very very inspirational. I'm a new follower and can't wait to see what you come up with next! :)

    xxoo,
    Liberty
    www.libertyoriginal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty....I put it and a link to your blog in my latest post!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, soooo pretty. I ♥ anything using burlap so that "H" caught my eye. Great job Ü

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I love your style and the burlap especially! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.