A Night on the Town… 1940’s Style

Saturday, February 19, 2011

This week on American Crafter the theme was vintage. I decided to focus on creating a couple of vintage style accessories. DSC01714

First I created a fascinator. It’s a vintage headpiece worn during the 1940’s. I used a variety of mediums- lace, fabric, felt, feathers, flowers and tulle.

DSC01666

Then I created a vintage style lace handbag to also accompany the outfit.

DSC01680

Here is my attempt at modeling it all. I love the simplicity and the elegance. Now I am ready for a night on the town… 1940’s style.

$ 

I’ve been 6th the last two weeks! If I am 6th again that means that I am out, and that I don’t get to go to the finals! So go vote if you think I deserve to be in the top 3!

 

41D7BC788C40AFDD713E5833753FB8F5

1 comment:

  1. The clutch is gorgeous!! You really did capture the vintage feel. :) Beautiful work!

    Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Have fun finding some new reads, and I hope you'll visit Serenity Now again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © better together 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.